Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wednesdays

Tonight is testosterone night, aka Wednesday.

Wednesday night is the traditional night chosen for the express purpose of getting all of the friends together for dinner and whatever, usually Smash Lab, Mythbusters, and Master Blasters. The food is male, the entertainment is male, and the participants are male. Well, all except me.

I feel the distinct need to grab some mommy friends and head to Applebees for some margaritas.

It's not that I don't like Wednesdays, I do. But for the past few months the need for something more... feminine has been pressing upon me.

So I'm in the bedroom watching the A&E Romance Collection, specifically Victoria and Albert.

I'm tired. I'm tired of being one of the guys, of living in t-shirts in jeans, of following mostly male pursuits. I need to feel like a woman every now and then.

Next week I will make better arrangements.

No comments: